Monday, May 09, 2005

Responsiblity: A side-effect of Freedom

My parents & bro are going to India for a month or more and i had to stay back b'coz i got my class going on.
Well, a long list of devilish plans, all planed & re-planed, highly fool-proof and ready for action was i for my HomeAlone adventure.

I always felt that my parents (mainly mom) was pampering me a lot & curbing the potential that was in me. And felt this was my only chance in life to prove to them that i am fit to survive on my own. So, it was a now or never kinda situation.

Well, time for departure and my Uncle came to drop my parents at the Airport. And there they go, giving me a once in a lifetime opportunity to prove myself. And there starts my journey without my over-protective parents.

Mom made food for the next few days. So, the responsibility of food for the next few days were off my shoulders.

Little did i expect that i had other RESPONSIBILITIES other than food.

Happily i was browsing the net. Well over 2.30 am, settled down for my sleep. Next thing i know is my cell ringing and it was my car-lift guys!!!. Well, little needs to be mentioned of the panic i went through to get myself all dressed & have my breakfast in just 5 mins and fled out of the house. As soon as got into the car, i started feeling that the door is not locked, ac & lights are not switched off, the tap is left running,................. Well, an endless list. A fine way to start a journey.

At collage, the day went fine and reached home all starving. As soon as i entered my home, i peeped into the kitchen to see what was for lunch(i forgot that my mom is not around). Not seeing anything there, i went up to the dining table expecting my lunch to be waiting there. And only on seeing my breakfast plate on the table did i realize that i was enjoying my freedom & the bitter price i had to pay for that was RESPONSIBILITIES.............

No comments: