Friday, June 10, 2005

The Black-out at Abu Dhabi

The Black-out incident at Dubai brought to me the memories that i had when there was a major black-out in Abu Dhabi.I am not quite sure of the day but i know that it was somewhere in the year 2001.
Actually that day me & my friends planned to go for an all-u-can eat at Pizza Hut. So, that day i went along with Sohail and we were waiting for the whole group to reach. We were all together 9.
We entered Pizza Hut at about 12.15 when a waiter told us that the Joint was closing was there is a black-out and it shall only resume only when the electricity was back. We thought that it will be back in about few minutes. So we were just waiting around.
The first half-hour went smooth, then there was a slight discomfort. It was burning hot. So we went to Grand Al-Mariah Theatre which was just 5 bldg away and they were running on generators. So we waited there for about another half hr staring at the Dead-Signal post, so that we can know when the power get back. Then Kevin, Vinu & Sohail started feeling hungry as they skipped there breakfast thinking that they can enjoy there All-u-can eat lunch.
So, we all went to a near-by cafeteria and had a sandwich. After which we resumed out watch-out at the Theatre, looking dead signal post praying that the electricity comes soon.

At about 14:30, we all were kinda fed-up & tried and thought we called it a day and returned home with a heavy heart.

I was staying in the 6th floor and i had to climb all the way up with an empty tummy. As soon as i reached home i just drank a bottle-full water and went to sleep.

I woke up at about 17:30 when the electricity was back......

Well, that was my day.
Luckily, i was not at Dubai during the Black-out to share another horrible xperience......

1 comment:

Sandil said...

You are LUCKY - my PC was switched on during the voltage black-out and some **** happened - my powerbox is sc***ed and I am on ****ing dialup! Jeez.

Lucky - you!