Sunday, October 16, 2005

Not every animal in the Jungle are dangerous.

Some short events in life leaves us with a ever-lasting memories. And these events have always been those from which i learned a lot. There is one incident like that which really helped me.

About 4-5 yrs back, this incident happened. But i remember it very clear even today.

One day, I was going for my tution by a cab. The previous day as the cabby took me to a wrong place(i felt it was on purpose just over-charge me) & as i was late i was really irritated. So this day i was repeatedly told the cabby the location(i was again late).

The cabby was an old Pakistani (Pattan). The third or fourth time i was telling him the location, i could not help but notice his disarming smile via the interior rear mirror. I did not finish telling him the location, but i stopped. And just stared outside the window.

Then after a moment of dead silence, i broke the silence by telling him what happened the previous day (the thing about the cabby taking me to wrong place).

When i finished tell him the incident, i reached my place. I just gave him the money & when he turned around to giving me the change, he smiled at me and told "Not every animals in the jungle are dangerous. Of course, there are dangerous ones and you should be careful about them. But you should not consider everyone as dangerous. You should learn to know who is dangerous & not".

He told it to me in Hindi. And even now as i am writing this. I can feel his voice echoing in me........

No comments: